According to Good Medical Tips, this plant actually killed a small child. A young boy by the name of Esteban who was loved very much by his parents. He was five years old and died because he happened to put a piece of leaf in his mouth causing it to swell and suffocate him.
This plant is one that is quite common in many homes and offices all the while being poisonous and dangerous. Esteban began feeling sick and turned a strange color right before the breathing issues kicked in. An ambulance was called and he was quickly taken to the hospital and admitted as a poisoning emergency.
It only took about a half hour before the family was informed of the tragic news and a blood test was requested to determine what had poisoned the child. The results revealed that the child had a large amount of a chemical known as calcium oxalate in his body. This is something that can be found in a plant known as Dieffenbachia amoena. This is a plant that we need to be aware of.
If you or a loved one end up suffering from poisoning from this plant please clean your mouth with a cold wet cloth and rinse your eyes if they come into contact as well. This plant is very dangerous and can be life-threatening. Just because most people who come across it are fine does not mean the threat is no longer present. Please be aware of the things you have in your home or office.
This plant rarely kills but it can kill and has killed. It has killed small children as well as pets. It doesn’t take but a few minutes and is not easy to deal with. Please take the time to watch the video below for more information on this plant and other plants that can be life threatening.